Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga is the “queen of controversy” and I feel as if I must speak on my views of this troubled star. She has crossed the line between edgy and tasteless and is distorting Catholic images. I am a big fan of the song Alejandro however; the music video is a disgrace.
Lady Gaga is abusing Catholic symbols in her music video for Alejandro. She is squirming around with half naked men, while she is half naked herself, swallowing rosary beads and flashing crosses across the screen. What has happened to this woman? Who as a teen attended catholic school, has she lost her mind?  Her catholic parents should be ashamed of her lifestyle choices. Now, Lady Gaga is making claims that she is a bisexual. She has been morphed into something unrecognizable.
I am convinced that Lady Gaga is more than confused, and in need of some serious intervention. The Catholic Church does not appreciate being bashed by such a talented young woman. She could be a positive role model for fans, who enjoy her music, but the path she has taken is one filled with sin. Instead, Lady Gaga has declared that her song Alejandro “was a celebration of her love for the gay community”. This sort of behavior is unacceptable to me and the Catholic Church!
I am greatly concerned by the messages portrayed by her songs. The sexual references in her songs, overpower the generally good beat, that she has going on. I greatly enjoy listening to her songs but, I cannot get the horrible and corrupting lyrics out of my head. Some days I find myself humming along to her songs and feel so horrible knowing they are sinful songs. I next must address her horribly, revealing attire. It is inappropriate to be half naked dancing around in front of people. Her taste in attire, is mind boggling and I feel as if I have sinned just by looking at her.
I hope Lady Gaga cleans up her image and can become a positive role model. I look forward to her newly redefined self full of good Christian music that I won’t feel guilty listening to.
-T.A.
 (Blake and Kathryn)

2 comments:

  1. You point out that she attended Catholic school. Did it occur to you that it may be her Catholic upbringing that caused her to be the way she is? No offense intended to the Catholic church, of course; young people merely have a natural urge to rebel against their upbringing. Perhaps she became immune to the teachings of the church, as they were forced on to her at a young age, and decided, maybe even subconsciously at first, to break away.
    --Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a reasonable idea. She may have rebeled against the Church as many young people did at the time and many still do today against other things. It's a good thought.

    ReplyDelete